About the Workshop
Creation of awareness through dissemination of knowledge related to conduction of proper research and development with following of ethics is one of the foundation and core functions of the higher learning institutions. By developing and following good research ethics may lead to the institutions at higher state and by doing so institutions may fulfill the requirements of the execution of cutting-edge research for the betterment of the society. The adoption of best practices of research and development by the universities generate new knowledge with harboring and skilling of intellectual minds and training of manpower required for all sectors of the society. Ultimately, quality of manpower is the most important factor for producing good quality researches. Earlier research was not given proper attention and it was conducting for earning the degree only due to constraints of limited resources and facilities. Due to this reason, the qualified students were not opting to take up research as a career option. As a consequence, there has been a steady decline in quality research over the last decades due to lack of preference by qualified students. By the time, it has been immerged as an issue of big concern among the academic community, social thinkers and policy makers. To overcome this big issue, proper training on research methodologies is the most crucial factor. Presently many universities are not having adequate provisions of training on research methodology. As a result, research students are often depending upon their supervisor/guide for finding the suitable research problem. Thereby, it is difficult to move on further independently. To overcome this problem and improve the circumstances there is a need for organizing training programs to train and skill on research methodology to the young scholars. Hence, organizing the workshop on research methodology in this direction makes an effort to training and skill the researchers for conducting quality research. This national workshop is aimed to provide an opportunity for those entering into professional and academic research as well as the established researchers to develop more sophisticated study skills by exhaustive discussions on a variety of aspects of research methodology with renowned academicians of the nation. This workshop will improve the research skills and competence among the researchers by strengthening their knowledge as well as improving researcher’s technical writing skill, etc.
The present workshop will focus on the following broad themes :
- Identification of Research Gaps and Selection of Problem
- Quantitative and Qualitative Research Methods in Sciences
- Writing Research Proposals
- Writing Research Papers/Reports
- Funding Agencies and their Funding Mechanisms
- Contemporary Critical Theories
- Citations and Footnotes and Reference Manual
- Research and why we do it
- Theoretical and Conceptual Framework
- How to publish the Research
- Contemporary Research Trends
- Philosophical Approaches to Literature
- Argument: Its Nature and Function
- Research Ethics
The main objective of this workshop is to enhance the research skills of young researchers & teachers who have a great potential to contribute towards research in their respective fields. The Workshop will guide the participants in applying thoughtful research methodology by adopting various statistical tools using software. The main objectives of this workshop are:
- To enable the participants to understand Research writing for publication, Plagiarism issues research indices and overall process of research publication.
- To provide the platform for discussion on the statistical requirements of the research.
- To make them familiar with the art of using different research methods and techniques.
- To train and inculcate the skills for Data Analytics.
- To impart capabilities for formulation and testing of hypothesis based on the nature of research with advanced statistical tools like SPSS, R, MATLAB.
- To make aware the participants about Patent Drafting and filling procedure, IPR, Copyright and Indian and International Patent Laws.